Stand Up Paddle Boarding, or SUP, is a popular water sport that has gained a lot of popularity in recent years. Noosa is a beautiful beach town located on the Sunshine Coast in Queensland, Australia and is known for its stunning beaches and crystal clear waters. With its perfect weather conditions, Noosa is an ideal destination for stand-up paddle boarding and many visitors come to the town to enjoy this popular water sport.
Let’s discuss Noosa SUP hire, including what to expect, some tips for first-timers and the health benefits of Noosa SUP hire.
Noosa River Stand Up Paddle Board Hire
Terrace Marina offer Stand Up Paddle Board Hire in Noosa, one of Australia’s most iconic coastal towns for adventures on the stunning Noosa River.
You and your family or friends can hire a stand up paddle board (SUP) and explore the Noosa River at your own pace. The river is a tranquil waterway that flows into Laguna Bay and is surrounded by lush greenery and stunning natural scenery and wildlife.
Stand Up Paddle Boarding on the Noosa River is suitable for people of all ages and skill levels, as the calm waters provide a safe and easy environment to learn how to paddle board or to simply enjoy a relaxing paddle.
You’ll love our beginner-friendly boards at Terrace Marina and we also provide everything you need for a safe day on the water.
Stand Up Paddle Boarding is a popular activity among locals and tourists alike and is a great way to stay active, enjoy the beautiful scenery and immerse yourself in the laid-back lifestyle that Noosa has on offer.
Noosa SUP Hire – What To Expect
When hiring a SUP, there are a few things to expect….
- We provide safety equipment, including life jackets and ankle leashes. It is important to wear a life jacket and leash at all times while paddleboarding, even if you are a strong swimmer.
- Keep your fitness level in mind when selecting the duration of your SUP rental. We offer everything from an hourly rate to full day SUP hire. Maybe start off small and see if it’s the right thing for you, then you can hire for a longer period of time for your next outing.
Some SUP Tips for Beginners
If you are new to stand up paddle boarding, there are a few tips to keep in mind.
- Always start in calm waters and avoid strong currents or waves that can be caused by passing boats.
- Maintain a comfortable stance on the board by keeping your feet shoulder-width apart and knees slightly bent.
- Use your paddle to steer the board, keeping it in the water and making smooth strokes. Lastly, be aware of your surroundings and other water users, including swimmers and surfers.
With these tips in mind, visitors can enjoy the beauty of Noosa River while experiencing the fun and calming experience that stand-up paddle boarding has to offer… plus you get to laugh at your friends falling off all the time (just saying).
Top 5 Health Benefits of SUP
Stand up paddle boarding is a low-impact physical activity that provides a range of health benefits. Here are the top 5 health benefits of stand up paddle boarding:
- Full-body workout: Stand-up paddle boarding engages nearly all of the muscles in your body, providing a full-body workout. You use your core muscles to maintain your balance on the board, your arms and shoulders to paddle, and your legs and glutes to stabilize yourself on the board. This makes it an excellent workout for improving overall strength, endurance, and muscle tone.
- Cardiovascular fitness: Stand-up paddle boarding is an excellent way to improve your cardiovascular fitness. Paddling on a SUP increases your heart rate, which can help improve your circulation, lower your blood pressure, and reduce your risk of heart disease.
- Low-impact exercise: Stand-up paddle boarding is a low-impact exercise that puts minimal stress on your joints. This makes it an excellent option for people with joint pain or injuries who want to stay active and improve their overall fitness.
- Stress reduction: Stand-up paddle boarding provides a peaceful and calming experience, which can help reduce stress and anxiety. The rhythmic motion of paddling on the water can have a meditative effect, and being surrounded by nature can help improve your mood and overall sense of well-being.
- Improved balance and coordination: Stand-up paddle boarding requires you to maintain your balance on an unstable surface, which can improve your balance and coordination over time. This can be particularly beneficial for older adults who may be at risk of falls or for athletes who want to improve their balance and agility.
Stand Up Paddle Boarding is an excellent physical activity that provides a range of health benefits, including a full-body workout, improved cardiovascular fitness, low-impact exercise, stress reduction, and improved balance and coordination.